My aim with this site is to help others with their efforts at studying for the NET Life Sciences exam.
I choose individual questions from previous years (currently working on the December 2019 exam) and not only answer them, but also provide a short explanation. Because after all, the answer isn’t any use if you don’t understand the reasoning behind it!
If you have any specific questions that you want answered, whether it’s from a different exam or even just a general biology question, let me know! I’m always thrilled to know that I’m reaching people, and I’d love to help.
- Anterograde axonal transportWhat is the motor protein involved in anterograde axonal transport?
- Histones and transcriptional repressionWhich post-translational modification is associated with histones and transcriptional repression?
- Dihybrid crossHow do you determine the genotype of parents from offspring in a dihybrid cross?
- Uses of RNA sequencingWhat is RNA sequencing used for?
- How to study for the NET: My top tipMy top tip on studying for the NET Life Sciences exam – using the Feynman technique.
- Cell potency of the inner cell mass of a blastocystWhat is the cell potency of the inner cell mass of a blastocyst?
- How to study for the NET: Two tips for practice questionsTwo tips on practicing and studying for the NET Life Sciences exam
- Vitamin deficiencyWhat are some diseases caused by vitamin deficiency?
- How to study for the NET: Two tips for revisionTwo revision tips on studying for the NET Life Sciences exam
- Genes involved in producing continuous variationWhat is the term for interacting genes which are involved in producing continuous variation in phenotypes in a population?
- How to Study for the NET exam: 2 More TipsTwo more tips on studying for the NET Life Sciences exam
- DNA methylationWhat are the characteristics and processes of DNA methylation?
- How to study: Top ten tipsThree study methods that I find very useful – and applicable to the CSIR NET Life Sciences exam.
- Exploring fermentationWhat are the characteristics of fermentation?
- Interaction between speciesWhat is the name of the interaction where the actor and recipient both suffer a cost?
- Probability distribution of individuals in a populationWhat is the probability distribution of the sex of individuals in a population?
- Radioactive half-lifeHow do you calculate radioactive half-life?
- Hardy-Weinberg EquilibriumWhat is the equation for Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium?
- Mating success and mating systemWhat is the relationship between variance in mating success and mating system?
- Secondary antibody in electron microscopyWhat do we use for indirect labelling of secondary antibody in electron microscopy?
- Mechanism of AutophagyWhat is the mechanism of autophagy?
- Identical Except For One Single LocusWhat is the term used for mice that are genetically identical except for one single locus?
- Process of acclimatization to high altitudeWhich processes are involved in high altitude acclimatization?
- Sodium-independent iodide/chloride transporterWhat is the name of the sodium-independent iodide/chloride transporter?
- Cleavage pattern of centrolecithal eggsWhat is the cleavage pattern of centrolecithal eggs?